I don't struggle with drinking water at all, I know that some people don't like the taste, find it boring or would just rather be drinking better beverages. But although a glass of fizzy pop or a can of energy drink may seem more appealing, there really is no better beverage than water. My main struggle is drinking the recommended amount, which is roughly two litres.
|Brita filter bottle: £15|
I decided that if I invested a little bit of money into a nice filter bottle, this would encourage me to drink more water, and it has! I decided to go for the Brita filter bottle (in pink obviously) after being recommended by a friend. At this point it was on sale in Tesco for £10 so shop around before committing to the full price. The bottle came with four filter discs which if bought separately are about £7 for 8 discs.
What is the importance of drinking water?
- Hydrates brain cells
- Helps you to lose weight - controlling your calorie intake
- Oxygenates blood and lungs
- Generates energy - thus avoiding cravings for caffeine or other addictions
- Regulates body temperature
- Keeps the skin looking good - so so important for the maintenance of fresh skin
- Boosts metabolism and aids normal bowel movement
- Composes 75% of your brain and 75% of your muscle
- Slows down the ageing process and helps to prevent memory loss
The list could go on and on but those points in my opinion are a massive wake up call to get my butt into gear and drink water! I would also urge you to try and get any elderly relatives to try and up their intake of water, as its even more important for them in preventing deterioration of memory and their organs as with age comes fatigue thus becoming a little more frail (even if they won't admit it).
How to make yourself drink more water.
- With every meal and snack drink water, start of with half a pint and build up
- Eat more vegetables - they're so good for your diet and contain water
- Try jazzing it up - if you're a major fizz junkie, to begin with go for cordial or flavoured water
- Download a water app on your phone to keep track of your intake
I hope this helped some of you, once you've read this, go grab yourself a nice cold glass of water; you'll thank me later!
Thanks for reading, Hayley x