Wednesday 30 March 2016

Bank Holiday Beauty

Hey, hi, welcome! I know this post is a couple of days late however I've been recovering from a boozy bank holiday! Whoopsie. (Always drink responsibly)
 With bank holiday comes the peer pressure from your friends to get absolutely wasted and of course they just make you put on a nice, dress blast music and force those jager bombs down your throat - not self inflicted at all!
 A lot of people hit the town as early as thursday through til monday however myself and my pals went out on Saturday and Sunday.  We had a more causal pub type setting on the Saturday and went clubbing on the Sunday. We made tons of new, funny memories and danced the weekend away!

Being an utter makeup maniac, my favourite part is planning the face of the evening, the curial lashes or no lashes decision. What lipstick will I wear? Smokey or subtle? You know the drill.

On Saturday I opted for wavy hair, a slightly smokey eye paired with a nude lip and light contour. I didn't actually get a selfie that night so I've had to crop out my friends from this picture but hopefully you can see the type of look I was going for.



For this look, I used Esteè Lauder double wear foundation (I reviewed this foundation here http://writeaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/estee-hoarder.html ) with Collection concealer to highlight my under eyes and T zone. I then used the Sleek brow kit on my eyebrows and used the eyeshadow from this duo set in the crease of my eyes and blended it out. For liquid eyeliner I glided Collections black liquid eyeliner pen along my lash line of my upper lids. I then grabbed the colossal mascara from Maybelline and blinked on the wand a few times before applying Eyelure eyelashes in number 080. Under my eyes I used an angled brush and took the brown eyeshadow as previously mentioned and swept it along the lash line. On my cheeks I used Benefit's Hoola bronzer to contour in the hollows with M.A.C's blusher in peaches on the apples. I then went over the top of my cheek bones and under eye with M.A.C's soft and gentle mineralise skin finish. For lipstick I used Essense lipliner in nude and an Essence nude lipstick. 


Sunday was more of a full on heavy make up look as we were going clubbing so it was much more suitable, and I love any excuse to go wild with my make up brushes!



Eyes closed makeup.

I can only apologise again for the poor quality of the photograph but here I went for much more of a voluminous hair look with bigger girls and a fuller face of makeup
I used pretty much the same products here, I just applied them differently. This is a great skill to acquire as it stops you spending a ton of money on lots of products, as in most cases you can switch up your makeup look by the heaviness in which you apply. The differences I made here include mixing the double wear foundation with Rimmel Match Perfection in the shade 103 true ivory. The mixture of the two products created a much more glowy and thicker consistency. I set the foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in 003, when using powder be sure to only use a light dusting of it so that you don't take away the glow of the foundation. 
For my eyes I used an unbranded eye shadow palette it just says "colour couture" on the front (sorry for the lack of detail, this palette was a gift and I'm not sure where it was from). However you can use any brand so long as it includes dark browns, greys and blacks. I didn't use a base colour, just the foundation I'd put on my face; I went straight in with a crease brush from Real Techniques with a dark brown, I then applied dark grey tones. Once they had blended I took a black with the same brush and stroke it into the outer corners of my eyelids. Once that blended, I took a lighter brown and blended slightly above where I had previously applied. This method creates the shadowed look and allows the eyeshadow to appear much better put together than the appearance of chalky unblended eyeshadow. If you accidentally use too much light brown and lose the darkness of the black in the corner just slowly and lightly apply a little more black on the outer corners (be careful when using black eyeshadow, it can be make or break!)
I then used the Collection black liquid eyeliner and created a winged cat eye look and applied the same false lashes. This time I popped a little mascara on before the lashes as well as after.
The contour on my face was using the same products as before I just applied more bronzer and a little more blusher. 
Finally, for the nude lip, I used that same essence nude liner but used a mixture of nude lipsticks. By using different shades of the same colour you can create shadows with the darkest colour and highlight with the lightest colour.


Eyes open makeup

And they are my bank holiday beauty looks! What did you get up to over the Easter break/ bank holiday? I hope this is useful to some of you who struggle when deciding what look to go for. My top tip would be; when going for darker, dramatic eye looks, always go for a nude lip! If you are opting for a subtle eye look, go for a bright or dark lip.

Thanks for reading, Hayley x

5 comments:

  1. Great post, beautiful pics as well, thank you for sharing, you look stunning!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty, love your hair, it's gorgeous!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You can do many beautiful things with makeup! I like it a lot!
    Yep, I love planning on what I will wear on my face too! ;)

    Laura
    http://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning, I love your makeup and your hair is gorgeous :) xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makeup it's just flawless ! I would totally love to see a tutorial !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete